Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Shaggy Dog sat his germy behind in my baby's carseat



Okay, I am still kind of fuming after a run in with a stray dog this afternoon.

I was in the middle of cleaning out my mother's minivan and my car, so every door was open. Meanwhile this mangy stray dog lets itself into my parents yard where I was working. It seems alright at first. I mean I am no dog lover, but I was hoping at least it would mind its own business.

But no, It waits until everyone has gone inside and jumps straight into the back seat of my car, and sits it's giants disgusting bottom into my little baby's car seat!! I was furious which soon turned to hysterical when I could not get him out. The giant thing took up the entire back seat.

Not wanting to touch it I held the plastic lid to a box up and shoved it through the back seat like a shield, trying to force him out the other side. But it was to no avail and every moment I was imagining all the dirty hair and grime that he was wiping all over my baby's seat and not to mention all the baby clothes and blankets I had piled right next to it ready to vacuum.

I was practically in tears when my dad heard me screaming and came out of the house to help. Finally the dog came out when my dad grabbed his collar and pulled him out of my car. Instantly he lunged for the van, but we scrambled to close all the doors.

If only the pound came all the way out to the country to pick up dogs. Unfortunately the pesky thing just roamed around the farm/house the rest of the day, having the time of it's life swimming in the ditch and charging at people as they exit the house.

No comments: